2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
7:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Click here to visit the
The Scottsdale Unified School District (SUSD) will host a Positive Behavior Intervention Supports (PBIS) Film Festival from 5-7 p.m. on April 30 at Coronado High School, 7501 E. Virginia Ave. Scottsdale 85257. See PBIS Film Festival
On April 11, 2014 the Governing Board voted unanimously to adopt a modified schedule for K-5 elementary schools that includes a Wednesday early release. This decision was made after the following data was provided to the Board:
- 15 out of 19 elementary school principals prefer the early release Wednesday to a shortened schedule (9 a.m.- 3:10 p.m.) every day.
- With a 60% response rate of all elementary teachers in K-5 schools, 71% (263) of teachers prefer the early release Wednesday option.
- Of the 74 parent group leaders who responded, 44% prefer the early release Wednesday option while 56% prefer the shortened day option.
This decision is to accommodate the loss of half of the specials (art, music, PE) in elementary schools due to the reduction of the M & O override. Next year, the early release time will be at 1:00 p.m. on Wednesdays. Read Full Update
and family members will enjoy a FREE ice cream treat!
Scottsdale Unified School District has gone paperless with their Volunteer Applications. You can find a “How To” document in the front office. If you have not applied online through our website you are no longer able to be a Pima parent volunteer. You must apply online through the SUSD website (see link below). Once you have completed the application you need to send the confirmation number to Community Specialist Angie Amaya at email@example.com or Call 480-484-2818.
Please feel free to call Angie Amaya if you have any questions.
Click here for the link to the volunteer page.
·Doctor-prescribed medication must be in original container with the prescription label that includes the patient’s name intact.
Thank you for your help.
If you have any questions please call Mrs. Snodderly at 480-484-2811.
Arizona is seeing a huge increase in Influenza and other viruses. Here are the guidelines to follow before returning to school:
· Influenza: People with Influenza may be able to infect others from 1 day prior to onset of illness to 5-7 days afterwards. No student with an Influenza diagnosis should return to school with symptoms: headache, chills, excessive coughing, body aches, etc.
· Fever: Please keep your child home from school with a fever 100* or greater. Students may return to school with a temperature less than 100* (without the use of Ibuprofen or Tylenol)--only if the child is fever-free for 24 hours.
· Vomiting: Students should not return to school for 24 hours after last episode of vomiting. Episodes of vomiting without fever can be due to virus and may still be contagious to classmates.
Please indicate specific illness or diagnosis on the attendance line if your child is home sick. It helps to watch classroom trends. If your child is sent home from school during the school day with a fever and vomiting, to adhere to 24 hours fever or vomiting-free, teachers should not expect to see that student back in class the next school day. Teach your child to: Cover their cough with the inside of their elbow, wash hands frequently, especially before eating!
Need Extra CA$H?
Cafeteria Staff Needed
& Positions Available
3.75 to 8 Hours A Day
Enjoy days off with your child.
Call Today! 480-484-6233
"Why Wait for a Catastrophe" This month's parenting class gives tips on how to cope.
April 16th at 3:15 to 4:15.
"¿Por qué esperar para una catástrofe" Clase de crianza de este mes da consejos sobre cómo hacer frente.
16 de abril a las 03:15-4:15.
Next month’s class will be CPR training. Date and time will be coming later.
Clase del próximo mes será el entrenamiento en RCP. Fecha y hora va a venir después.
ALL DAY KINDERGARTEN
We welcome you to take a tour of Pima Elementary School to see what our school has to offer. Tours are given on Thursdays from 9:00 am. to 10:30 am. Remember that SUSD offers full day kindergarten classes as well as pre-K classes. Please contact Angie Amaya for an appointment.
480-484-2800 ext. 2818
Early Release Schedule
If you would like to like to donate your old laptops, computer towers or monitors to the TekLink program, please drop the item off at any school or the Education Center, 3811 N. 44th St., Phoenix 85018. TekLink can accept monitors, keyboards, mice and computers 2004 or newer. Older items will be ethically recycled. Donations are tax deductible.